Privacy is in our DNA
Going beyond compliance, we make sure that users and organisations are in control of their data and decide who has access and for how long.
Effective as of December 12th 2022
- Why do we collect information from you?
- What do we use your personal data for?
- How do we protect your personal data?
- Sharing with third-party partners
- Your rights
- How long do we store your personal data?
- Changing our policy
Addressya (“Application”), is designed with the safety of your personal data and integrity in mind. We only use the information we collect about you to be able to provide you with our service and support.
By downloading or using any of our Applications and agreeing to this Policy, you (individuals) consent to our use of your personal data in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Why do we collect information from you?
When you download our Application, we ask you to provide us with information in order for us to create a user account for you. For using the Application, you need to provide us with the following information:
- Email address
- You decide yourself if you also want to upload the additional information:
- Your username (only mandatory for Business APIs)
- Geographic location (automatically retrieved at the time of address creation, continously in the Track it app for live location sharing or for obtaining a proof of address)
- Address data (at times automatically retrieved and can be removed)
- Photograph of you and your location
- Email address
First name and Last name
- And any other information you choose to include when using the Application.
Only the email address is obligatory to create an account. You decide what else to include, and we encourage you to do so, in order to have a more functional profile.
This information allows us to create a personal digital address for you, and is also needed for accessing the Addressya Business APIs, and using the Track it app for live location management with your employer or for obtaining a proof of address.
What do we use your personal data for?
Any of the information we collect from you, may be used in one of the following ways:
- To support the sharing of your address, so that you can share it with any person, business or organisation. You decide whom you want to share your address with,
- To support the sharing of your live location, so that you can share it with Addressya for proof of address, or for live location management with your employer. You decide whom you want to share your location with.
- To verify your address,
- To improve our service and the Application (your personal data helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs),
- To inform our business and development teams for new services and technology development.
How do we protect your personal data?
Every time you log in to the Application we send a onetime security code to the phone number you registered with when signing up for the Application. By doing so, we connect your phone number to the account. In order to secure your data, you should always ensure that your mobile is protected with a password. If not, ensure to log out from your Addressya account.
Sharing with third party partners
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal data to others. Businesses and organisations may use Addressya to efficiently provide their service to you. You are under no obligation to share your address. You are in charge and choose who you want to share your personal data with. You can, at any time, adjust which individuals; businesses or organisations, are allowed to view or process your personal data, when and for how long. You can easily change the rights of an individual or organisation to view your personal data in the user interface.
We use Google’s cloud services to store and protect your personal data. We may share your personal data to third party service providers, which have been selected by us to provide solutions and hosting for our Application. Some of the service providers we use are based outside of the EU/EES, which may be considered to lack adequate levels of protection for such data. Only trusted third party service providers will be used.
If we receive a subpoena, warrant or other request or order from legitimate government bodies, agency, court, that seeks data about you relating to the Application, we will make reasonable attempts to direct the requesting party to seek data directly from you.
If we receive a subpoena, warrant or other request or order from legitimate government bodies, agency, court, that seek information from us, regarding our processing of data or other legitimate business interest, we may share your personal data with these authorities in order to safeguard our interests.
We may also share certain personal data to affiliates, partners, or consultants for the purpose of enabling them to provide services to us or for evaluation of the Application. Only trusted affiliates, partners and consultants will be used.
You are entitled to once per calendar year, free of charge, by sending a written signed request to us, receive copies of all personal data about you which is processed by Addressya as well as information regarding the purpose of the processing. You can always perform rectification, erasure or blocking of any inaccurate personal data. In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through this form: https://addressya.com/data-processing-and-privacy-contact-form/
How long do we store your personal data?
We will not process your personal data for a longer period than necessary in order to fulfill the purposes of the processing (for the purpose of providing you with a precise, complete and easy to use access), unless required by law or in order to protect our legal interests.
You can always decide to delete your profile and account. When doing so, we will without undue delay erase your account, stop the processing of your personal data and delete all personal information we stored about you.
Changing our policy
As we decide to develop our Application, we might change this Policy. If we change this Policy, we will post the changes on our website and/or in our Application and so that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we use it. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com