UX & UI Designer
“Behind the petrol station, take the street that leads to where the church once stood. Our house is on the right, after the third mango tree. The door is grey.”
Addressya is a Swedish company with local offices in Rwanda and Uganda with the ambitious goal to improve a billion lives by providing access to opportunities, inclusion, partnerships, and trade through improved addressing. The platform was created in response to the fact that 4 billion people, businesses and governments worldwide suffer from the lack of addresses.
We build our teams with “team makers”, who take responsibility for their own work, the team and the company objectives as a whole. You are never alone at Addressya, asking for help comes naturally to you, as does responding when others need your help. You enjoy using your skills and ideas to help to remove obstacles and bottlenecks for others and within the organisation. If you are looking for a challenge, make a real difference and grow every day, this is the place for you. We provide a fun and friendly environment, where working outside your comfort zone is safe, challenging and fun.
You will be part of an Agile product development team consisting of frontend and backend developers, one UX/UI designer, Scrum Master, the CTO and you. You will work researching, designing and evaluating the next generation of the app and other products, for individuals and business users together with the rest of the team with access to the relevant end-users in East Africa.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Work as a part of the product team to deliver the best possible product experience
- Design high-quality, user-friendly interfaces for our digital products
- Work with the team to refine, plan and prioritise user stories according to business value, always taking technical debt and the long-term success of the product into account
- 3+ years of experience from creating digital products within the UX/UI field
- Deep experience working in the Adobe CC suite
- Excellent communication skills to be able to present ideas to different stakeholders
- User-centric mindset – knowing how to translate insights from UX research into great design ideas
- Strong ability to solve problems and find creative solutions
Besides a monthly salary, full-time staff qualify for our staff options program (Sw: personaloptioner).
How to apply
To apply, use the link: https://forms.gle/uT66zxnKfrz5fksn9 You will have to answer a few questions about your experience in data analysis. Application is in English. Only applications through the form will be reviewed. Interviews will be held continuously as applications come in. Successful applicants can start immediately or as soon as possible.
You can read more about us on www.addressya.com