“Behind the petrol station, take the street that leads to where the church once stood. Our house is on the right, after the third mango tree. The door is grey.”
Addressya is a Swedish company with local offices in Rwanda and Uganda with an ambitious goal to improve lives by providing access to opportunities, inclusion, partnerships, and trade through improved addressing. The platform was created in response to the fact that 4 billion people, businesses and governments worldwide suffer from the lack of addresses. For more information www.addressya.com.
Working at Addressya
We build our teams with “team makers”, who take full responsibility for their own work, the team and the company objectives as a whole. You are never alone at Addressya, asking for help comes naturally to you, as does responding when others need your help. You enjoy using your skills and ideas to help to remove obstacles and bottlenecks for others and within the organisation.
If you are looking for a challenge, make a real difference and grow every day, this is the place for you. We provide a fun and friendly environment, where working outside your comfort zone is safe, challenging and fun.
About the job
Addressya is hiring a Finance Manager to lead the financial management and financial strategy for the organisation. In this role, you are responsible for Finance and Resources (inkl. HR and admin), and the development of this department. You are part of the core management and the leadership team. You will be responsible for our part time accounting officer and work closely with our accounting business partner.
You will be accountable for all aspects of the financial management, including all financial planning and analysis, compliance, accounting, payroll, purchases, statutory reporting, record management and financial aspects of operations.
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing, and working as part of an effective team.
- 3 years of senior management experience
- Substantial experience in accounting and financial management, preferably in an international venture.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration/Finance
- Demonstrated experience of multi-entity, multi jurisdiction accounting
- Demonstrated direct experience of financial reporting to the Board and tax authorities
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and fluent Swedish
- Managing the finance team, HR and administration
- Support the development of business models for financial sustainability and growth.
- Develop projections and model scenarios, and provide all financial data including monthly reports to support strategic and business planning processes as well as reporting to the board.
- Effective management and development of accounting processes for Stockholm HQ and field offices in East Africa, meeting statutory standards and deadlines within multiple jurisdictions.
- Ensure financial viability of strategic partnerships, as well as business and growth model.
- Lead and advise managers in financial proposals of grants funding.
The place of work is the company’s headquarters in Stockholm. At the moment we mostly work from home.
How to apply
To apply, use the link: https://forms.gle/5dVP8U5n7BZpgRLd6. You will have to answer a few questions about your experience in Finance and Compliance. The application should be made in English. Only applications through the form will be reviewed.
Unfortunately, we are not able to answer all applicants. We will contact only selected candidates for the interviews. Interviews will be held continuously as applications come in. Successful applicants can start immediately or as soon as possible.